Title: God Made Me Special: Discovering Our Unique Identity
Lesson for Young Children
Hello, boys and girls! Welcome to our special lesson today where we will be exploring how God made each one of us unique and special. Let’s begin by reading a wonderful verse from the Bible, Psalms 139:14. It says, “I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.”
To help young children understand that God has made them special and unique, and to encourage them to celebrate their individuality and find confidence in their identity.
– Ask the children: “Have you ever wondered why you are different from your friends or family members?”
– Allow a few responses, and then say, “Well, the Bible tells us that God created each one of us wonderfully and uniquely. That means we are all special, just the way God made us.”
Tell the story of Creation from Genesis 1, emphasizing how God carefully created everything, including animals, plants, and people. Emphasize that God showed love and creativity in making each and every one.
Main Lesson Points:
1. We are made in God’s image:
– Explain to the children that being made in God’s image means that we reflect some of God’s characteristics, like being loving, kind, and creative.
– Remind them that even though we are all different, we all carry a special part of God within us.
2. God made us wonderfully:
– Read Psalms 139:14 together and help the children understand the meaning of “wonderfully made.”
– Encourage them to take a moment and think about the many ways their bodies and personalities are unique and amazing.
3. Our unique strengths and talents:
– Discuss with the children the different talents and abilities they possess, such as singing, drawing, dancing, or helping others.
– Explain that God has given them these gifts and wants them to use them to make the world a better place.
4. Respecting others:
– Teach the importance of respecting and celebrating the uniqueness in others.
– Share examples of how their friends or family members have unique qualities to appreciate.
Provide materials for a craft activity where children can create their own unique “God Made Me Special” posters. Encourage them to draw themselves, decorate it, and include a list of things they love about themselves. Display these posters in a special place to celebrate their uniqueness.
Lead children in a simple prayer, thanking God for making each of them special and unique. Encourage them to remember these lessons in their daily lives and appreciate others as well.
Remember, boys and girls, God created us all with love and intention. We are all special in our own way. Let’s celebrate our unique identities and use our gifts to honor God and bless others.